Best ways to get IP address will be described in this article. Every device that uses Internet Protocol (IP) for communication has a virtual address known as an IP address. The router has its own internet protocol (IP) address because it is a node that links your device to the internet.
The approach of distributing and allocating IP addresses dynamically is used by the majority of Internet protocol systems. Therefore, if you only use the internet for browsing purposes, you might not need them. For connecting printers, CCTV cameras, or accessing the admin site, an IP address can be necessary.
We will demonstrate how to obtain the IP address of your router on a variety of devices if you are interested.
How to Get IP Address From Router On windows Computer?
Although most internet-connected devices can access your router’s IP address, you can utilise a simpler approach first. The IP address of the majority of routers is printed on a sticker on the router’s rear.
You can still obtain the IP address of your router even if it is not physically accessible or lacks a label.
Make sure you are attached to the internet via the router whose address you want before you start. The following methods will help you find your router’s IP address. On a Windows computer, there are numerous ways to find a router’s IP address. The following methods can be used to choose your router’s address.
Using Command Prompt
- Use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run dialogue box.
- To launch Command Prompt, type cmd.
- Type ipconfig into the command line.
- Your router’s IP address is indicated by the labelled number next to Default Gateway.
- As an alternative, you can obtain the Default Gateway just by using the command ipconfig | findstr “Default Gateway.”
Using Control Panel
- Use the procedure described above to launch the Run box.
- To access Control Panel, type control.
- Choose Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center from the menu.
- Next to Connections in your active network, click Wi-Fi. (The Wi-Fi option will display Ethernet if you are connected through an Ethernet cable.)
- Select Details under the General tab.
- The IP address of your router is the number next to IPv4 Default Gateway.
- To launch Run Utility, press Windows + R.
- To launch PowerShell, enter PowerShell and then hit Enter.
- Enter the following command in PowerShell:
- The IP speech of the router will be shown.
Enter the command Get-NetIPConfiguration if you’d want further details about your router’s IP settings.
The command (Get-wmiObject Win32 networkAdapterConfiguration |?$ .IPEnabled).DefaultIPGateway can be used to retrieve all of the Gateways if you have configured several Gateways.
How to Get IP Address From Router On Mac Computer?
Mac and Windows both have methods for finding your router’s IP address. On Mac systems, you may find your router address using either system preferences or terminal commands:
Using Terminal Commands
- Open Terminal by selecting Applications > Utilities from the dock.
- Type the following commands into Terminal:
- Grep default with netstat -nr
- The IP speech of the router intention be shown.
Making Use of System Preference
- The Apple icon will have a System Preferences option.
- Click on Advanced under Network > Wi-Fi from the menu.
- When you click on the TCP/IP header, the IP address of your router will appear next to Router.
How To Get Ip Address From Router on Mobile Phones?
To find your router’s IP address on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Go to Connections > WiFi by navigating.
- Next to your active internet connection, click the Settings icon. (On some Android devices, opening Network Details may be indicated by an arrow icon or other indicator.)
- Set the IP settings to Static under Advanced. Under Gateway, this will display your router’s IP address.
- Once you have your router’s IP address, change the IP settings back to DHCP.
You might not need to do steps four and five on some Android phones because the router IP address can also be shown in the Network information. After changing the IP settings to static, you should return to the default settings since Static IP is generally not a good idea.
Finally, if you like, you can utilise third-party programmes that show your default gateway.
On iOS Device
- On your iOS device, open Settings.
- Tap on your active network connection while connected to Wi-Fi.
- The IP address of the router will exist shown next to Router as you scroll down.
Similar to Android, you may view your router’s IP address via a third-party application.